March 1, 2013

Oh, For $%#@'s Sake: National Create Something Month

I am so busy. I shouldn't tell you how busy I am. So I won't. I'll just say that I shouldn't be doing something like National Create Something Month, because I am so stupendously busy. But when your friends call upon you to serve, you answer--don't you? (Albeit not without a few grumbles of the NSFW variety--see post title for a hint about those.)

I am so, so lucky to be in a place in my life where I am required to produce creative content on a regular, measured basis. So when I was considering joining my friend Lily on her madcap March adventure, I was hesitant. My whole LIFE is about creating ALREADY, I may have whined. How could I possibly have room for more?!?

Then I stepped back and gave blessed, rapturous thanks that I am privileged enough to be able to say that about my life currently. That (hopefully) in a few years I can still say it without appending (plus student loans!) to the end of that statement. And just because of that, I took a deep breath and threw my hat into the ring.

What will I be creating this month? In large part I'll be working toward finishing a novel I've been workshopping this semester, since that was already in the works before I signed on. Other than that, I haven't the foggiest. Poetry? Literary criticism? Lists? I'll certainly be allowing myself a relatively loose interpretation of the idea of "creation," but I can promise that I'll be posting here every day about it.

And now, to the races!

0 comments:

Post a Comment