February 14, 2013

Happy Best Friends Day

You know, I was really scared when I moved across the country for graduate school. I was terrified of finding my program to be less than enthralling. Of not finding the creative well I was looking for. Of not making any friends. Of being miserable.

Spoiler: This story has a happy ending (so far). I found what I was looking for, and then some. And I know that so much of that has to do with the amazing friends I've made out here, friends I'm sure will be in my life for years and years to come.

I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day. I could get into that, but that's a post for another time. Instead, on this day dedicated to the slavish worship of romantic love, let me raise a glass to my fabulous, wonderful, talented friends, both new and old. My life would be so much less awesome without you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment