October 12, 2011

All quiet on the blog frontier

So it's been quiet. Too quiet. So quiet I can't even think of where to begin updating on what's been going on in my life. I have a feeling that if I started meandering about everything that I'm occupied with these days, this blog post will get so long no one will make it to the end. It would become one of those endurance courses: can you get to the third paragraph? The fifth? The fourteenth?

My time recently has been spent occupied by one or more of the following:

1. Work. An unfortunate necessity. I don't think anything more needs to be said on the subject.

2. Writing. This is going - going! This is the first time I'm announcing it in public, so here goes: I'm aiming to have my first substantive revision done (and off to as-yet-undecided betas) by November 1. Conveniently, this allows for a break from this WIP to work on an altogether different WIP during NaNoWriMo (which is approaching, as you all should know).

3. Running. It's puzzling. I say I hate running...and yet I do it anyway. Why? Mostly because it's the easiest way I can think of to get in a decent workout. So that's been happening. Puzzlingly.

4. Choir. I've been kicking around an idea about tying in my choir with my WIP (there's lots of singing in both), but haven't really figured out how to articulate it yet.

What I haven't really been doing: Reading. Oh, there are books. But not enough that I feel like I'm really reading, not like I'm used to. Apparently this is an unfortunate side effect of spending most of my free time writing.

More to come. I feel like I'm shaking the dust off my blog and sending back out into the world. Hello, world!

3 comments:

  1. See, I've been spending all my free time reading and therefore not writing! Which is why I'm excited for NaNo to kickstart me again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rebecca T.

    Reading is good! Anything excellent? The best thing I've read recently was the Leviathan trilogy, by Scott Westerfeld.

    Do you have an idea for NaNo yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and in my case, the list would include something to the effect of, running teenager to football practice, his younger brother to basketball shoot around, foster daughter to soccer practice, then pick everyone up, partake in a family speed dinner, then somehow stash a spare minute or two for the new manuscript idea...then start all over again the next day ;)

    El

    ReplyDelete