August 31, 2011

Triumph! (And a contest!)

Wow, this post is a long time coming. I haven't been around that much lately, for a few reasons:

1. Scary bike accident. Seriously, potholes are no fun. Neither are huge scrapes across one's back.

2. Camp NaNoWriMo! Now you can churn out lots and lots of (generally crap) words every month! I've been doing that this August, which leads to point three:

3. My WIP. IT. IS. DONE. Well. Not exactly. This particular draft is done, ringing in at 71,598 words. This is a big deal. This is a huge deal. This is an unbelievable deal. First off, I'm a writer, or I'm trying to be. But I'm really bad at finishing things. This is the first full draft of a novel I've finished since...okay, that's embarrassing. But it's been a long time! Right now I'm feeling more exhausted than elated, but one thing I said about today was that if I finished my draft today, I'd hold a contest!

So here it is: a sneak peek of the books you can win:

I am in love with Stephanie Perkins' books. They are cute, fun, flirty, and all-around delicious. And if you enter this contest, you'll have a chance to win a pre-order of her newest, Lola and the Boy Next Door!

Okay, so if I'm in love with Stephanie Perkins' books, I may just be in love with Jackson Pearce, period. Her vlogs are awesome. I wish I were as charming as she is. Up for grabs here: a copy of her hot-off-the-press, just-released book Sweetly, a reimagining of the fairy tale Hansel and Gretel. (Also, fairy tales? Awesome. So awesome.)

I have been jealous of those folks at BEA forever, and this is one of the reasons why. There is just something so attractively different about this book -- the title, the cover, the description... If you have been as jealous of me, this is your chance to win a pre-order of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.








Here's the deal. There are some awesome books. If you enter this contest, you have a chance to win your choice of ONE. I'm ordering through The Book Depository, so this contest is international! (Well - open to wherever TBD ships. Be sure to check on that!) A winner will be drawn randomly.

To enter, just fill out THE FORM.

*(This event will close at 11:59 PM EST, September 7. The winner will be announced on or by September 10.)

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, I want to read all of these! Thanks for the contest!

    Also, I hope you're okay after your accident, that sounds awful. And congrats on finishing that draft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca I am so proud!! I knew you could do it. Sorry I haven't been as supportive recently, Boston's been insane. But I want to read parts! Or talk about parts! etc. I'm just so proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo! Congrats on finishing a draft! I am so bad at that as well. Also. I want to win. So pick me :) Going to enter NOW!

    ReplyDelete