May 13, 2011

The Book Lantern

I've been MIA for a while, and I apologize. Real life has gotten complicated, what with a: trying to find a new apartment, b: freaking out about graduate school applications, c: trying to write a novel, and d: worrying about my PURPOSE. That wasn't an Avenue Q reference at all.

I'm making the effort to come back soon, but in the meantime, the following:

1. Where She Went is the best book I have read in a really long time.

2. "The Book Lantern" is my new favorite book blog. Check it out!

3. I am taking book recommendations. If you were going to recommend only ONE book (let's say, one book that has influenced your life in a major way), what would it be? Keep in mind I'm attempting to branch away from young adult, but if you have an extraordinary YA book to recommend, I'll definitely put it on my list.

See you soon! I still love you, and hope you still love me. :)

4 comments:

  1. The Giver by Lois Lowry, but I am sure you have read it. Others incluce Jane Eyre and Robots of Dawn. No, that isn't just one, but still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. Best ending I've read in a REALLY long time. Read with tissues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestions! I've read all of them (except Robots of Dawn -- I'll check it out!) which means that we all share exceptional taste. :)

    ReplyDelete