February 14, 2011

Still on Anne

To be perfectly honest I haven't been reading as much as I'd hoped this year. There's certainly still time for it to change, but for the moment (and the last few weeks) it seems I've been figuring out how to work in one of my new year's resolutions (working out) only by trading in time I would otherwise have used for reading (and/or writing).

Anyway, all that goes to show that I'm still on Anne of Green Gables, although I've blown through a few other books here and there. Anne of Green Gables is one of those books that always prompts me to start a "books I'm buying for my child, in the event that I have one" list. I certainly can't pass down this copy -- the spine is shot, and the front cover is gone, a result of an unfortunate overnight encounter with a rainstorm many years ago.

There are a lot of books I would put on my "to-buy" list for my child. Harry Potter, definitely. Anne of Green Gables, Little Women (and Little Men, etc.), Cloudy With a Change of Meatballs, Hop on Pop!, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, The Chronicles of Narnia... The list goes on. And on. And on. I should actually write that list down someday... Although I'm sure it can wait a few years, at least, before needing to serve a practical purpose.

What books would you put on your list? (And do you have a better name for that list than I do? Because "books I'm buying for my child, in the event that I have one" list is just too darn long.)

1 comment:

  1. I hate when working out gets in the way of reading and writing!

    Any future child of mine will have to suffer through Mo Willems' Pigeon books and Laura Ingalls Wilder, no question. My bookshelf has a gap between picture books and middle grade, so they'll have to grow up fast :)

    ReplyDelete