July 2, 2010

Denver Publishing Institute

So, the Denver Publishing Institute! I'm going! Yay!

You can check it out if you want, but the gist is: It's one of only two such programs in the US (the other's in New York), and while I'm there I'm going to learn all about publishing. Its ins, its outs, editing manuscripts, marketing reports, tons of stuff I probably haven't even heard of yet... I'll be there for a month (most of July, some of August), and it's going to be brilliant.

After tackling some of the advance assignments, including two manuscripts and five children's book proposals, I can already say I have far more respect for editors (and the publishing business) than I used to. It's work! Occasionally frustrating and mindboggling, but so so brilliant and interesting! (You may be able to tell that I'm ridiculously excited about this.)

1 comment:

  1. Denver has a Publishing Institute? I live in Denver! Good to know, lol.

    ReplyDelete