May 4, 2010

Story A Day: Update #1

Well, one day down. (For those who haven't read the post about Story A Day, they may do so here.) The main gist is to write a story every day in May. I elected to take weekends off, which means I wrote my first story yesterday.

All in all, I'd say it was a success. This can be measured in a few ways. The first is that I actually wrote something, which is definitely one of the necessary components. The second is that yesterday's story actually accomplished its objective, which, as I said in my previous Story A Day post, was to help me out with the world building for my current WIP.

So what did I write about? Yesterday, I wrote about the kingdom in which the hero lives, and discovered a couple magical things specific to that kingdom. I also discovered a weird "other" culture in the north of their world, which I think will be the focus of my story today... So - success? Success! This world is getting built, one story at a time!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's working for you. I'm doing Tales from a Mall, and I've done three so far. I'm taking weekends off too in theory so I consider myself two stories ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting idea. How about a chapter everyday. I like to make my chapters feel like short stories.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could certainly work as a chapter a day - the point is to make the challenge work for you, as opposed to having creativity and productivity chained by restrictions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea - glad that your first day was a success.

    Returning the visit from the Blog Hop - thanks for stopping by and sharing your idea of a perfect birthday.

    ReplyDelete