January 4, 2010

1000 Words A Day

1000words_300w

One of my resolutions was to complete a novel this year. So here we go: similar to NaNoWriMo, I am attempting to push myself into it by writing 1000 words every day. That is a lot of words. NaNoWriMo calls it a novel at 50,000; if I actually wrote 1000 words a day, I'd clock in at 365,000 at the end of the year. That is a lot of novel.

This would be a great challenge if I already knew what my masterpiece was going to be about. Unfortunately, the best words I can come up with to describe it are "brilliant," "awesome," and "bestseller." Yikes.

Therefore, I am giving myself up to one week to come up with at least an impressionist version of the premise. Then, no later than Monday, January 11, it will be time to go. Wish me luck?

3 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud reading this. "Brilliant", "awesome" and "bestseller" are a good start but a plot or some characters might help to flesh it out a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? So far I've got some characters. I think. Although the main character went unnamed for four pages...? (And not because the name wasn't necessary. It was because I didn't know her name! Gah.)

    ReplyDelete